Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Welcome Wee One - Tammy Tutterow Designs


Hi Everyone! I hope you're ready for a sweet card I created using Tammy Tutterow's Welcome Wee One stamp and die set. I love this adorable set because it pairs so well with so many adorable critter stamps that are on the market. I love block and script lettering when it's paired together and those sweet little pees in the pod are too cute! Below I show you an easy way to cut out this sentiment using the coordinating die. It's an especially handy trick if you color your sentiment before cutting it out with the wafer die. There's nothing worse than spending time coloring a stamp and then ruining it because you didn't get the die matched up with the stamp just right. I've done it so many times that I vowed never to purchase a stamp and coordinating die set again. That was until I saw some videos on YouTube showing this easy technique on how to line the die with the stamp perfectly to get a perfect cut. Enjoy!








First, use the die to cut out the shape of the sentiment.





Next, stamp the sentiment. I used the Misti stamping tool which allows me to continue stamping the image until I get a complete image.





Now that you have the cut out piece and the stamped image, place the die cut piece over the sentiment and line them up.





Once you have the image and the die cut piece matched up, tape both pieces down with some lightly sticky tape. 





Place the die inside the cut out space. You will feel it slip into place. Now it's ready to run through your die cutting machine.






You now have a perfect cut out sentiment.





To finish the card I frame the sentiment using Spellbinders Scalloped Edge Frame (retired) along with the Simon Says Stamp Wildly Cuddly Critters stamp set and Lawn Fawn Rainbow paper. The images are colored with Copic markers.






2 comments:

  1. Cathie, this card is just scrumptious! I love the vibrant colors, the clever way you "framed" the image and the gorgeous photography, too. It's pure eye candy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathie I love this card...so sweet! Thank you for your sweet comment...Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...