Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Simon Says New Release - New Beginnings - Funny Food



Spring is in the air and it's time to celebrate! Simon Says Stamp has a new release called, New Beginnings. I created a card using the new Funny Food stamp set.

Simon Says Clear Stamps FUNNY FOOD SSS101699 New Beginnings

These adorable foods will make you chuckle and enable you to create some of the cutest cards ever. Enjoy!






I begin by creating a window where my main image with the shaker section will show through.





Here you can see the frame I created. I will not be using the inner piece and will save that for another card.





I ink the lower portion of the frame with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink and the top portion with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. I create a border from Simon Says Stamp Scallop Stitches wafer dies to separate the two sections.





I spray on some water to the lower portion of the card to make it look more like the rind of a watermelon and I add black sequins to the pink portion to represents watermelon seeds.





I stamp my image onto a piece of white card stock and color it with Copic markers. I add a few sequins in random areas around the image.





I place the card panel inside a 5" x 7" photo pocket along with some black sequins and seal the edges with a We R Memory Fuse tool. I'm in a hurry and skip using the metal ruler to get a straight line on the shaker card. 




To finish the card, I go over the bottom section lightly with more Mowed Lawn Distress Ink to add a little more color back into the areas where the water took too much color away. I adhere the shaker section behind the window in the front panel and adhere it to a piece of black card stock. This is a simple and quick card that screams cuteness and will be fun to send to a friend to make them chuckle. 

You can find the entire collection of New Beginnings products here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...