Thursday, June 16, 2016

Stacked Stars Die from Simon Says Stamp's New "Among The Stars" Release

Hi Everyone! Well today's the day! I'm so excited to share with you some cards I made with the Stacked Stars die from Simon Says Stamp's new Among the Stars release. This is one versatile die, I tell ya. I was so excited to experiment with it before it's release and I have to say, I had a ton of fun playing with it. Click below to see all the fabulous products from this new release.



For my first card, I used the die cut without altering it at all. I created a panel by blending Barn Door and Faded Jeans Distress Ink onto Distress watercolor paper and spritzed droplets of water onto the ink using a Distress Sprayer. I cut out the Stacked Stars die from white card stock and adhered that over the inked area using Ranger Multi Matte Medium. I added the word "Wishing" from Simon Says Stamp's Wishing and Sending die cut set. I then added some clear sequins and mounted the panel onto Bazzill Whirlypop card stock and then adhered that to my card base.





For my second card, I cut out a heart shaped window from my card panel using the largest heart from Spellbinder's Classic Hearts die set.  I then cut three Simon Says Stamp Stacked Stars die cut panels from dark pink, yellow and orange card stock. You could use Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink, Sunshine and Orange Peel card stock if you like the colors I chose. I used the centers of the hearts from the Stacked Stars dies and also cut away the left over stars so they weren't attached to each other and made my own shaker mix. After completing the shaker portion of my card, I cut out Spellbinder's Elegant Labels 4 and used Prima's Comfort Craft Knife to cut away the inside portion of the frame. I like the jagged edges that are left behind (it's my mixed media personality sneaking in) and I then added a few of the cut away stars and clear sequins around the frame. For the sentiment, I used Simon Says Stamp's Sending die along with one of the stamps from the Sending and Wishing Better Together stamp set.




Here's another great way to use the Stacked Stars die.  Cut the die out of acetate and you have the perfect stencil for cards and mixed media projects. Spray over the stencil with sprays or use texture paste on your card panel or mixed media project to create a beautiful background.





For this mixed media panel, I used Ranger Texture Paste with the stencil I created from the Stacked Stars die and colored it with Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed Distress Crayons when the paste was dry. I then edged the panel with Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and  Picked Raspberry Distress Inks in that order (lightest to darkest).

Here, I sprayed over the Stacked Stars stencil with Lucky Clover and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Sprays.

I hope you enjoyed seeing how wonderfully versatile this magnificent die set is for making cards and mixed media projects. 


Here's the star of the show!
Simon Says Stamp STACKED STARS Wafer Dies SSSD111599 Among The Stars
Below are all the rest of the supplies I used to create two cards and two mixed media panels. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...