Sunday, August 2, 2015

All The Things I Try To Be.......

Today I made an art journal page for my third lesson in the online class, Journal Soup 2, by Kate Crane.What a wonderful teacher she is! I've learned not to be afraid of big, bold, bright colors, which I have always loved. I've watch so many videos over the years and everyone lightens the colors of their projects with white paint or Gesso.  I would find myself screaming, "NO! Don't cover up those beautiful colors!" Needless to say, I'm so happy to come out of my shell and not worry so much about anyone thinking my colors are too bright.  That's fine if they do, but I like the bright colors and now I'm comfortable keeping them that way.  I have to admit I didn't create the face as whimsical as the lesson encouraged, but I will work in small steps coming out of my comfort zone.  Thanks for stopping by!



White Gesso, 4 oz Bottle      


    

Ranger - Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions Stencil - Small 5"x8" - Bubbles  Paper Artsy - Stencil - {ELB} 005  Paper Artsy - JOFY Cling Mounted Rubber Stamps - Large set 31

Paper Artsy - Eclectica Cling Mounted Rubber Stamps - Lin Brown Set 24  Paper Artsy - Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints - 50ml Bottle - Blush (semi-opaque)  Paper Artsy - Fresco Finish Acrylic Paints - 50ml Bottle - Smurf (opaque)

Faber-Castell - PITT Artist Pens - Black - Assorted Nibs  Faber-Castell STAMPER'S BIG BRUSH GIFT SET 15 Piece Pitt Artist Pens 770056  Ranger - Multi Medium Matte 3.8 oz
Tonic Tools - 7" Non-Stick Micro Serrated Scissors by Tim Holtz    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...